In all life there must be balance. Python had something that Scheme lacked: The Zen of Python aka
It is a powerful unifier that helps people graft libraries that feel pythonic. I try to write something in the same spirit (but not in the same form) for Scheme.
- Remove limitations to Reduce the number of features you need.
but OM: Optimizability Matters.
- Hygiene reduces Anxiety
except where it blocks your path.
- and Practicality beats Purity.
except where it leads you into a dead end.
- Readability matters
but nesting works.
- Errors should never pass silently.
unless speed is set higher than safety.1
- Recursion Wins.
except where a recursing loop-macro is better.
- Freedom for the Implementation and from the Implementation.
but CM: Community Matters: Join the Scheme you choose.
- Use the Weakest Method that gets the job done.
but know the stronger methods, so you can move to them as needed.
- Mind the small Systems!
And the Large Systems!
- 3 Pillars of improvement:
Experimentation, Implementation, Standardization.
except where the standard is wrong™.